b2B 2009 - 2010 Session
Hosted by Astronomy & Astrophysics,
Physics and Mathematics
| || |
Hosted by Innis Cinema Studies,
English and History
Three Things for Science
Monday, March 1, 2010
5 to 7 p.m.
Meet a variety of alumni who graduated with the same degree as you and are enjoying successful careers across a wide range of professions. Ask questions, learn and network.
Photos by Jackie Vanterpool
- Dominic Lam (PhD 1981 Physics),Business Development Manager,Deep Computing Solutions,IBM Americas
- Gad Naot (PhD 2007 Mathematics),VP, Head of Quant Group,Commodities and Energy Trading, Capital Markets RBC
- Ivan Semeniuk (BSc 1988 Astronomy), Journalist-in-Residence, Dunlap Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics
| || |
Three Things for the Humanities
Friday, February 26, 2010
5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
A room full of successful alumni with stories to tell and professional advice to impart join students at this networking cocktail party.
Photos by Katherine Hong
- Aamer Haleem (BA 1991 History),Radio and TV Personality
- Sharon McAuley (HBA 1986 English),VP, Group Publisher, St. Joseph Media, Toronto Life
- Stephanie Savage (BA 1990 Cinema), Executive Producer, Gossip Girl
Win or Lose a Job in 60 Seconds
Monday, January 25, 2010
4 to 6 p.m.
A workshop on how to get the job you want. Successful alumni share insights on common hiring practices in their field, and a career expert will show you how to impress in 60 seconds or less.
- Stephen Bates, VP Customer & Environmental Insights,BMO Financial Group
- John Im, Director Credit Quantitative Analyst,Financial Products Group, BMO Capital Markets
- Mathew Strimas-Mackey, Business Analyst,BMO Financial Group
- Mary Giamos, Career Management Consultant, U of T Career Centre
- Mary Markou, Career Info & Resources Coordinator, U of T Career Centre
| || |
Skills for the Real World
Thursday, January 21, 2010
4 to 6 p.m.
How do I get a job? What do I do now? Will my degree help my career? Find out what skills you need to succeed in the business world. Identify the skills you already have and those you’ll need to get. Learn how alumni have used their degrees to further their careers. Talk to a career counsellor and discover the services available on campus to help you find and get a job.
- William Morassutti (BA 1991 English),Managing Director, Blank Angus Media (Toro Magazine)
- Susan Courtney (BA 1989 Cinema Studies),V.P. Group Media Director, Starcom MediaVest Group
- Lisa Khoo (BA 1989 History),Senior Producer, CBC News: Live Desk
- Hana El Kaissi,Career Counsellor,U of T Career Centre
The Business of Science
Friday, October 2, 2009
Noon to 1:30 p.m.
A luncheon with three science alumni with unique backgrounds including a Mathematician Orthodontist, a Physics major with a finance career and an Astronomer exhibit consultant with the Science Centre.
- Bart Iwasiuk (Orthodontist)
- Sudharshan Sathiyamoorthy (Finance)
- Sara Poirier (Science Centre)
Monday, October 19, 2009
7 to 9 p.m.
Alternative culture, international documentaries and reality TV come together or an evening of screenings and discussion with three award-winning alumni.
- Ron Mann (Director, Know Your Mushrooms)
- James Cullingham (Producer, Dishonour Defied)
- Stuart Coxe (Producer, Dragon's Den)
b2B 2008 - 2009 Session