Hire a Student
Each year, the Engineering Career Centre
helps employers find students to fill internships and other openings. As an employer, you can get quick access to students ready to put their skills to work for you by contacting the Centre. Whatever the job (big or small, short or longer term) the Centre can help you fill it by introducing you to future Engineering leaders. The Centre's services benefit your business or organization by helping you get dynamic and enthusiastic help.
Various programs are run through the Centre:PEY Program (Professional Experience Year Internship Program):
IOP Program (Infrastructure Opportunities Program):
- The PEY Program is the largest internship program in Canada and has been in existence since 1979.
- For the current 2008/2009 academic year, we have 545 undergraduate Engineering students between their 3rd and 4th year out on 12 to 16 month paid internships, with over 250 government offices, corporations, and small-size employers.
- These students will receive a total of over $30 million in income during their internship and will produce a return on investment for their employers.
- Open to 2nd and 3rd year students that meet the eligibility requirements.
ESIP Program (Engineering Summer Internship):
- The IOP Program is a specialized program open to Civil Engineering students.
- In partnership with the Ministry of Transportation, large-size engineering consulting firms, and small-size contractors, Civil Engineering students have internships wherein they are place rotationally with each of these sectors for three consecutive summer before graduating.
- The ESIP Program is a paid summer co-op program available to 2nd and 3rd year students.